Thursday, January 15, 2009


CONTRAST

This picture on the right was one of my first experiments of taking pictures of Star trails. What jumps out at first of course is the stars in the background and tree in foreground. What I wasn't counting on showing up was the silhouette of the cliffs of Zion showing up in the background. To me, that stands out as much as anything in the picture. The other Picture is of Oneonta Gorge up near Portland, OR. I love the contrasting shadows and the green that contrast each other.

SHAPE

This picture above is a picture I took recently on an old historic bridge up in Rockville. I ended up taking a lot of pictures on this bridge because I became fascinated how many shapes and formations I could make with pictures because of the architecture of the bridge

POSITION

I like this picture on the right because of the way that the tree has grown out of the grown and seemed to have formed a protective "covering" of some sort over this bend in the road.




SIZE

This picture was taken of me down at the bottom of the Grand Canyon where the Colorado River and Havasu Creek meet. If you've ever been at the bottom of the Grand Canyon, you know how awe inspiring it can be to "look up" instead of looking down as most people view it. This is a great shot showing how small I am compared to the towering cliff edges are that make up the Grand Canyon.



TEXTURE

This picture was basically an accident. Trying to take a picture at the bridge in Zion, ending up with a great "depth of field" picture. The texture of the stone bridge really stands out to me.

1 comment:

  1. The tree at zion is the most creative of your work that I've seen. It's a transporter.

    ReplyDelete